Friday, February 10, 2012

Bangalore



Good morning from Bangalore, India!

My father was born here in Bangalore July 26, 1927. I wondered as I arrived here last night what Bangalore must have looked like then compared to the shiny, new airport that is just four years young. Arriving at my hotel I got a glimpse of what things may very well have been like.
I was greeted not at a sterile check in desk as with most hotels but as I stepped from the car a beautiful Indian lady dressed in a Sari offered me one of the most exquisite and moving greetings I have ever had. She placed a dab of red paint on my forehead with her finger telling me it was a traditional good luck sign in India and then put a wonderfully fragrant flower "Lei" around my neck, folding her hands at her chest and saying "Namaste". WOW!!!!
As she walked me across the beautiful grounds of the hotel to my room she told me the property was originally built in the late 1800's.......and so in a small way I got the answer to what it might have looked like here when dad was born. A step back in time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment